Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Grandma Stephens Chopping Block

Melissa was nice enough to let me babysit the chopping block she inherited from Great Grandma Stephens. When I got it, is was covered with a funky 60's laminate. I cleaned it up and sanded down the chopping block. I did, though, leave the deeper knife marks realizing that my Great Grandma had made those marks. I also added a 6 inch box all the way around the base. Grandma was rather short and I wanted it taller. I finished up by adding bead board, trim and painting it. It turned out a brighter red than I had anticipated, but I'm still pleased with it. Thanks to dad for teaching me how to use his miter saw and thanks to Melissa for the baby sitting job! You can have it back when you move back to Utah!















3 comments:

Jackie said...

Becky! This is so fun! I wish I had something like that from one of our great grandmas!

Clint Carter said...

Nice Job.

Janet said...

Nice job, Rebecca! I'm impressed!