Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Angels Weren't Fast Enough

I believe that angels are always surrounding toddlers. How many times have they fallen down or plopped over and missed the corner of the table or fireplace by mere centimeters. Well, the angels weren't fast enough this time. Ellie was with me in the bathroom. She was on her knees and one hand (the tripod) and was banging on the shower door with her other hand. Well, the tile floor was wet and she lost her balance. Down she went...BANG on the corner of the threshold of the shower. Wanting to be a good mother, I didn't pick her up, just told her she was OK. Then I saw the blood on her face and FREAKED OUT! I felt so bad for the little thing. After 10 minutes of hiccup crying, she calmed down and it hasn't bothered her since. This was our first fall, and from what I've been told, it won't be our last. Just hope those angels don't slack off again!

3 comments:

Millington Family said...

OUCH! What a darling...her aunt Liz wants to kiss that boo-boo, poor thing.

Clint Carter said...

It is amazing how little ones recover from falls.

Stevenson Family said...

OOHHH I'm so sorry!! What a sweet babe.