Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dude, where's my truck?

So mom and dad were in the house when they heard a BANG! They opened the front door and saw this....
Apparently, a landscaper had parked his truck across the street and the brakes gave out. It, along with a trailer holding 5000 pounds of dirt, rolled across the street, jumped the side walk and came crashing into the front porch.

It knocked out a pillar that supports the roof. It did miss the Avalon by a few feet and the window to the piano room. Imagine what the Baby Grand would have looked like if it had gone through the window instead.
It went right over the front flower bed taking out 2 trees. You can see them under the trailer.

Thankfully, mom and dad were just fine. I guess now that they are home from the mission, their blessings have come to an end. Maybe they should think about putting their papers back in.

1 comment:

Clint Carter said...

I've always wondered what would happen if a parking brake ever gave out. Now I know. It's not pretty.