Friday, March 5, 2010

I Really Have Better Things To Do

Have you ever had a Friday afternoon where you didn't want to do your chores? So you pack up the baby and head to Roberts and to come up with a project. That was today. Yes, I have loads of laundry to fold and I should work on Primary stuff, but I really rather buy fun scrapbook paper. Here's the two projects I came up with:

1) Ellie's Room - I know, every Utah Mormon mom has block letters in their baby's room. But when I saw how my neighbor decorated hers, I just had to copy. I bought the paper but was able to round up the ribbon, flowers and buttons from my stuff. I had to go through my messy basement to find the embellishments...kinda made me think I should be organizing and cleaning up the basement instead of hot gluing bling to wood letters. That thought only lasted like 5 seconds.




And for the close-up just in case you want to see how cute it really is...



2) My Music Room - Before this project, all that was in piano room were 4 pictures from the Holy Land. Inspiring, yes, helpful to my 18 piano students, not really. So I found lots of clip art online of music notes. I added some colorful backgrounds and sent them off to be printed them off at Costco. Then I bought some super cheap frames at Wal-mart. The hardest and most complicated part was hanging them. I won't even try to count how many nail holes are behind each frame. Why is it so hard to get those things even?


OK, now that I've finished my projects...and blogged about it...its time to fold laundry.




2 comments:

Angie said...

Cute! I have wanted to do the block letters like that for so long! I have so many picture frames sitting around in random places, and lots of paper and crafty things just sitting! I need to get going on a project too!

Anonymous said...

I have beter things to do right now, too - like GETTING TO CHURCH! Just thought I'd pass along my ideaf for hanging things straight! DON'T EVEN TRY! I go for the UP and D W look or the staggered look -
O N
ever you want to call it.

By the way, Ellie looks SO cute. I LOVE her whispy hair! Renae