Monday, March 22, 2010

Rainbow Cupcakes

So you know how I'm not creative and all my ideas are copied? Well, found another good one this morning. Check out these cupcakes!! I saw them on Studio 5 this morning and just had to try and make them. Here's the link with the instructions: Cupcake recipe. I had to post the pic from online instead of my own because I overfill the tins and though they still turned out, I like these ones better.




I would, though, like to offer some tips:


Tip #1: Can't use normal food coloring - have to get the gel stuff. Oh, and can't use the instructions on the cake box - use the recipe in the link. It's got cream cheese in it. And let's be honest here, what isn't better with cream cheese in it.

Tip #2: Make sure your baby is in her crib. This is not the kind of recipe where you let her lick the spoon. These colors are POTENT. My fingers/tongue/lips which are now blue/yellow/red/purple/green are proof.

Tip #3: Be sure to save one for yourself. See cream cheese comments in tip #1.

Tip #4: Don't overfill the tins.

Tip #5: If your husband comes home and sees that the kitchen is a disaster, dinner's not ready and the baby is still in her crib, explain that these cupcakes are for the little girl in HIS primary class who has missed the past couple weeks. You were truly just thinking of him.

2 comments:

Clint Carter said...

These look awesome. I wonder if they would work with pancakes.

Millington Family said...

I know two children in my home that would LOVE me to make these...and one husband that would LOVE to eat them.